In addition to our sector-specific experience and expertise, our partners have significant experience in acting as consultants and advisors to major international corporate entities and businesses across the globe in providing commercial, business and legal advice generally on a wide range of complex, high-value corporate (including M&A) and commercial transactions and projects, including in emerging and developing markets in Africa, Eastern Europe and the Indian and Asian sub-continents.
Our partners' are experienced in advising entities from all quarters of the business community including multi-national global listed entities, national and international private conglomerates and companies, SME's, owner-managed businesses and individuals.
However big (or small) your business may be, and wherever you are conducting (or looking to conduct) your business, we are confident that our partners have the capability and experience to deliver value-adding best–practice advice and services in a manner which is most useful to you, and most cost-effective for your business.
We offer a wide range of consultancy services and strategic advice to clients generally including in relation to:
- start-ups and new market entries;
- investment arrangements and opportunities;
- joint ventures;
- business/asset/share sale and purchase;
- due diligence;
- licensing arrangements (including licensing agreements for the use/assignment of intellectual property rights);
- managing and mitigating commercial and legal risk (risk management);
- manufacture and distribution arrangements;
- commercial business & industry strategy;
- management strategy;
- brand alignment and development;
- sales and marketing strategy;
- PR and advertising strategy;
- identifying new market opportunities;
- exploiting existing market opportunities;
- privatisation and corporatisation;
- customer retention and development;
- cost savings initiatives & cost control;
- leadership & management, including management training;
- workforce motivation & development, including staff training;
- product & service development;
- logistics & supply solutions;
- after sales & customer care; and
- recruitment & retention of staff, including incentivisation initiatives.
Some examples of our partners' relevant experience (respecting at all times our clients' requests for confidentiality where applicable) includes:
- advising a KSA based consortium in the development and roll-out of a joint venture concerning the creation of a world-class medical training academy in Jeddah, KSA in conjunction with a leading US-based academic institution;
- advising a department of the Abu Dhabi government in relation to the privatisation and corporatisation of Mina Zayed Port in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This assignment included advising upon the conception, structure and formation of the new utility operating company and regulatory body, the drafting and negotiation of a concession type management agreement for the operation of the utility in the pre-privatisation and post-privatisation period and the transfer of employees from public to private sector;
- advising a MENA based organisation in respect of an arrangement for the exclusive distribution in Africa of agricultural biotech products manufactured in the USA;
- advising Formica Corp in relation to the termination of exclusive agency and distribution arrangements in the MENA region, followed by the drafting and negotiation of replacement arrangements for the marketing, sales and distribution of Formica products by third parties throughout the MENA region;
- advising Kapsch Traffic Systems AG in relation to a joint venture with a Middle East based technology provider for the development of traffic monitoring technology for use throughout the MENA region and for resale in Europe;
- advising a department of the Abu Dhabi government in relation to the resolution of a commercial dispute in respect of an international cross-border, tri-partite, joint venture project;
- provided advice in relation to the restructuring and conversion of a UAE corporate group into a public joint stock company (together with providing advice in relation to obtaining a subsequent listing of such company’s shares);
- advising a major UK plc on a US $500 million monetisation project which involved the sale and lease-back of assets (together with the installation of a related service agreement); and
- advising a major UK plc on the US $450 million disposition of a business forming part of a joint venture alliance.